Mobile Deposit Agreement Citizens Bank: All You Need to Know
Citizens Bank is one of the largest banks operating in the United States, serving millions of customers across the country. The bank offers various services from checking and savings accounts to loans and mortgages. One of its most convenient services is its mobile deposit feature that allows customers to deposit checks using their smartphones. However, before using the mobile deposit feature, customers are required to agree to the mobile deposit agreement. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about the mobile deposit agreement with Citizens Bank.
What is the Mobile Deposit Agreement?
The mobile deposit agreement is essentially a contract between the customer and Citizens Bank that outlines the terms and conditions of using the mobile deposit feature. The agreement covers everything from how to use the feature to the fees involved and the limitations of the service. It is essential to read and understand the agreement before using the mobile deposit feature to avoid any surprises.
Important Points to Note in the Mobile Deposit Agreement
– Eligibility: Citizens Bank requires customers to have an active checking or savings account and be enrolled in online banking to use the mobile deposit feature.
– Endorsement: Before depositing a check using the mobile deposit feature, the back of the check must be properly endorsed with the account holder`s signature and the phrase “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
– Check Limits: Citizens Bank has specific limits on the amount of checks that can be deposited using the mobile deposit feature within a specified timeframe. These limits can vary depending on the account type and the account holder`s relationship with the bank.
– Cut-Off Time: The cut-off time for mobile deposits may vary based on the account type and location. Deposits made after the cut-off time will be processed on the next business day.
– Fees: Citizens Bank does not charge a fee for using the mobile deposit feature, but it may charge a fee for returned checks or insufficient funds.
– Availability of Funds: The availability of funds can vary depending on various factors, such as the type of check deposited, the amount of the deposit, and the account holder`s relationship with the bank.
The mobile deposit feature offered by Citizens Bank is a convenient and straightforward way for customers to deposit checks without having to visit a branch. However, it is essential to understand and agree to the mobile deposit agreement before using the feature to ensure compliance with the bank`s terms and conditions. By understanding the terms and limitations of the service, customers can make informed decisions and avoid being caught off guard by any unexpected fees or other issues.